I am SO glad you landed here!. My name is Janice Thomas, creator of Sawdust Sisters. A few random facts about me:
- I was a medical lab tech for 18 years and now I teach college kids to do the same.
- I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, but I have lived in Utah for over 25 years.
- I speak English and Spanish, but I speak Spanglish the best.
- My passion for teaching and love of DIY led to the creation of Sawdust Sisters, a place where I can document DIY projects and offer free tutorials for you! Thank you for being here!
(photos by Calder Photography)
I am married to the most awesome and amazing man, who supports me in everything I do. His name is Duane. He is perfect in every way, except he is not a handyman.
We’ve been married since 1989 and we have four children. Two are now married making us the proud grandparents of Bridget and Thomas pictured below. We also have twin angel grandbabies, Joshua and Adelaide. Being a grandparent is such a blessing!
I was motivated to learn woodworking because I wanted pieces that are unique and fit my space. I also was very interested in saving money! Can you relate?
I drew inspiration from many seasoned DIY bloggers who kept me on my toes and taught me what I know today!. My own sister Beverly, who loves DIY, occasionally posts her projects on this blog. She is also a huge inspiration.
- Ideas, inspiration, and DIY tutorials are FREE for you. I offer some wood working plans free for blog subscribers. I am working on adding plans for all of my builds, which is very exciting! And they will also be free. See the pattern here? I like free.
- New projects are posted once or twice per month, and more often during the summer! Yay summer! If you’re a teacher or know any teachers, you can relate to my love for summer.
- Newsletter. If you decide to join the sawdust sisterhood, you will receive a monthly newsletter. Yes, monthly. Because I don’t like crowding your Inbox, unless it is to share something that will knock your socks off.
So, grab your favorite beverage and find wood project tutorials, budget renovations, and some trash turned to treasure. And while you’re at it, why not jump in and become part of the Sawdust Sisterhood!.?
As a thank you gift for subscribing, you will have access to free plans and printables. Side note: Brothers are most welcome to join the sisterhood 🙂
And, if you EVER want to reach out with questions, project ideas, or just say hello, don’t hesitate to drop me a note at email@example.com
I love hearing from readers!