I am SO glad you landed here!. My name is Janice Thomas.
- I was a medical lab tech for 18 years and now I teach college kids to do the same.
- I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, but I have lived in Utah for over 25 years.
- I speak English and Spanish, but I speak Spanglish the best.
- I am a cancer survivor
- My passion for teaching and love of learning new things led to the creation of Sawdust Sisters, a place where I can teach the things that I learn! Thank you for being here!
I am married to Duane. He is perfect in every way, except he is not a handyman.
We’ve been married since 1989 and have four children. We are also grandparents, which is as great as everyone says it is!!.
I was motivated to learn woodworking because I wanted pieces that are unique and fit my space. I also was very interested in saving money! Can you relate? My first building project was my entryway bench. Once I saw what I could do and how much money I could save, I was hooked. Because tools are expensive, I started out borrowing them from my father-in-law who is super handy!
To learn my skills, I drew inspiration from many seasoned DIY bloggers who kept me on my toes and taught me what I know today!. My own sister Beverly, who loves DIY, occasionally posts her projects on this blog. She is also a huge inspiration.
- If I am lucky enough to get you as a subscriber you will get free Ideas, inspiration, and DIY tutorials. I offer some wood working plans free for blog subscribers. I am working on adding plans for all of my builds, which is very exciting! And they will also be free. See the pattern here? I like free.
- New projects are posted once or twice per month, and more often during the summer! Yay summer!
- Newsletter. If you decide to join the sawdust sisterhood, you will receive a newsletter. Because I don’t like crowding your Inbox, I only email when it is something worth sharing.
So, grab your favorite beverage and find wood project tutorials, budget renovations, and some trash turned to treasure. And while you’re at it, why not jump in and become part of the Sawdust Sisterhood!.?
As a thank you gift for subscribing, you will have access to free plans and printables. Side note: Brothers are most welcome to join the sisterhood 🙂
And, if you EVER want to reach out with questions, project ideas, or just say hello, don’t hesitate to drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
I love hearing from readers!