Christmas is getting close and it’s never too early to think about your DIY projects for the season. I absolutely LOVE decorating with different variations of Christmas trees. I don’t know why, but when I shop for Christmas decor I naturally gravitate to trees. Every. Single. Time. I have a nice collection of table top wooden, burlap, metal, and lighted trees. Of course, I love the traditional Christmas trees, too!
One thing you should know about me: I love different. I rarely wear red at Christmas time and I have no problem eating a cold potato salad in the winter. My daughters used to make fun of me for this, but now they find themselves doing the same thing! Ha! My love for “different” is what drew me to these fun, unique, creative, and imaginative wood Christmas trees. I hope you find one that speaks to you.
Click on each image for the tutorial or source. Affiliate links included for your convenience. See our full disclosure here.
5 Imaginative Wood Christmas Trees
- I LOVE the rustic look of this pallet tree. Perfect holiday decor for your home or office. Simple, one-color ornaments keep the focus where it should be: the wood.
2. As soon as I saw this little tree set of three I reached for my jig saw 🙂 I mean how CUTE are these??. Just a few string lights and you’re good to go. No ornaments needed. I also love the non-traditional green color.
No surprise there 🙂
3. Another pallet tree. I LOVE the beautiful raw wood and simplicity of the decor. Leave as is or use some bells like these to decorate it. Use this beauty to display your Christmas cards! Simply gorgeous.
4. This tree caught my eye immediately! I mean, how clever is this??? If you are short on space (or you just like to be different!), here is a very creative show stopper! You could use command strips to mount the wood pieces , then remove them after the holidays, without damaging your wall. So cool!!
5. I couldn’t pass up this beautiful white Christmas tree. Again, less is more! The pure white color brings out the texture. Use thick letters to get the look. I absolutely love this tree.
Well, there you have it!! I hope you found some inspiration in one of these! Now let’s get craftin’ !
Happy wood tree building!
Don’t forget to pin!
other building projects you will LOVE
Janice Thomas writes detailed tutorials for novice woodworkers and DIYers. She also works as a university professor in the health care industry. Have a question for Janice? Feel free to send her a message here!